BLP is currently accepting engaging stories in search of a great home. Although our focus is on liminality, we are open to considering manuscripts exploring other themes. If you think your manuscript pushes the boundaries and will leave us breathless, we want to hear from you. We do accept adult-centered fiction, but do ask that you indicate this in your query letter.
- Length – mainly looking for full-length novels, but are open to novellas of no less than 20k words.
- Series – we will happily consider a series as long as each book is a standalone. No unresolved plots with major cliff-hangers.
- Not accepted – Erotic (adult themes okay, but not graphic), Chapter books or those geared towards early readers, Short stories (collections of over 30k words will be considered).
Please send all queries to email@example.com. Include title and “query” in the subject line. Within the body of the query, include genre, a concise plot summary, and author bio. Please do not send unsolicited attachments. If we are interested in moving forward, we will request the first 20 pages to be sent directly to one of our acquisition editors.
Requested manuscripts will have a response within three weeks. We appreciate how it feels to wait and do not wish that on any author. You gave it your all, you should expect that in return. We give priority to requested manuscripts, but will respond to unsolicited manuscripts within two months. Unexpected issues can delay this, so if you haven’t heard from us within three months, please send an email. Include “title – submission follow-up. Due to the number of submissions received, please do not contact until after the third month has passed.
Submission formatting guidelines:
- One-inch margins
- Times New Roman
- Header – title and author name
- Plain text for chapter headings and body – no styles
- Single-spaced without additional spacing between paragraphs